Redemption Licensing Issues

Mar 26, 2009 at 3:43 PM

By downloading and installing this software you agree to the following terms and conditions:

The version of Redemption available from the link below is licensed for the development purposes only. It cannot be used with any commercial software.

If you plan to include Redemption with a commercial product, you must purchase a distributable version which you can then use for any and all of your products. The cost of the distributable version is $199.99, there are no royalties of any kind. You only need to buy a single license, no matter how many of your products use Redemption or how many copies of your application you distribute. Note that the definition of commercial software also includes internal applications whether they are available to the public or not.

Distributable version of Redemption cannot be used in open source projects.

All registered Redemption customers receive free upgrades for one year from the date of the purchase. After one year, you will be able to upgrade to the next version at a discount. Contact redemption@dimastr.com for details, please include your registration name or order number.

As a bonus, distributable version of Redemption includes ProfMan library which can be used to manipulate MAPI profiles. Distributable version of Redemption also comes with a customization tool that lets you create a version of Redemption with custom class names and class GUIDs.

It think you should take this into considiration and tell this in your documentation.

<!--

If you plan to include Outlook Redemption with your freeware product, please send us an e-mail at dmitry@dimastr.com with a short description of your product, and we will send you a distributable version of Outlook Redemption for free. We reserve the right to determine the eligibility.

-->
Coordinator
Mar 26, 2009 at 5:04 PM
Edited Mar 26, 2009 at 8:37 PM
For shure I'll include all nessesary copyrights and licence terms and conditions and replace Redimption library with redistributable one. I plan to issue two version of this product in future: commercial and free. Up for now on codeplex published only developer release and I was too busy on release preparation to contact Dima.
Mar 27, 2009 at 2:45 AM
2009/3/26 masique notifications@codeplex.com

Hi Masique,

Maybe i can help there, you need only contact information there, maybe we can write a managed wrapper for Extended Mapi Functionality you are using ( which i already did couple of times in C++\CLI ) so we can leave out Redemption totally, so there will be no need for a commercial version.

What do you think?

Fur shure I'll include all nessesary copyrights and licence terms and conditions and replace Redimption library with redistributable one. I plan to issue two version of this product in future: commercial and free. Up for now on codeplex published only developer release and I was too busy on release preparation to contact Dima.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (sync@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email sync@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Coordinator
Mar 27, 2009 at 8:31 AM
It definetly would be perfect to have managed access to MAPI contacts folder. Because Redemption size is 3MB it is 6 times larger than application itself.
Mar 27, 2009 at 2:49 PM
Hi  Masique,

I can begin monday and possibly send a prototype to you at wednesday or tuesday night.

Best Regards
Kerem Küsmezer

2009/3/27 masique <notifications@codeplex.com>

It definetly would be perfect to have managed access to MAPI contacts folder. Because Redemption size is 3MB it is 6 times larger than application itself.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (sync@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email sync@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com